SpinningPlates

like coffee in my morning and tea in my afternoon.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

The web spun,
Dirty dozens all around,
In the center I caught my eye
Wavering from side to side.
In the darkest moment,
The stick, the stain
Glistened my iris,
And I began to strain
At those spiders
With so many legs
And rhythm that I couldn’t obtain.

She broke the snowflake of a circle
With eyes bright and wide
From her favorite cup of Folgers
Dusty on the sink.
In a daze that I once sought,
She laid, fearful
Of attack from above.

I hollered and screamed
But echoed against the concrete
My solid dreams were like mold
Drifting to her feet.
I didn’t want to betray her,
Her mighty glance,
Her violent tense
All in protecting
My heart from sewers
And the mildew she lacked.

I slipped, and almost fell
Into the mammoths trap,
But the caution signs kept me,
Checking behind my back.

She sat there,
With her white umbrella,
Trembling with a sorcerers grin.

I must have taken life
Right from the inside
To declare my own alive.
She loved death
Played games with it every night
In tents and turquoise
That she cast in the lead.
Leaving marks on my skin
One’s that couldn’t be cleaned
By bleach and soap
And kitchens left alone.


I was thankful.
She saved me.
But it wasn’t enough.
I moved right past her.
Saying not a word.




Not one second
Was spent without her.

1 Comments:

Blogger sherye said...

love it! im really trying to figure this blogger out, i wanna try and make the layout really good :P

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home