my path
Ever since you have left my tired cheeks
As they peered toward you in the morning
And my eyes as they glared at you in your beauty
I have felt tension and terror in my disjointed limbs
And my crooked fingers that carry your touch,
The one that leaves me breathless
In every hour you are not in my path
I buy lighters after lighters
Trying to light my feet so they don’t sway
But the kerosene keeps running dry
And my path has become a cave
With the only sense of direction in your hope, your love
In the days where you are tired
Or even drunk for days
I only hope you think of me
In my lonesome
Carrying Carolina with me
And Dewey Street on my back
You swept me way past any filth
That would clutter my path towards you
You are the light at the end of my tunnel
That doesn’t run out of flames
And never loses my love.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home